Chinatown Photo Tour
Get some good insights on photography while exploring one of Singapore’s vibrant ethnic neighbourhood.
- Get off the ordinary route to explore, discover, and photograph the landscape and the hustle and bustle of Chinatown
- Learn tips and techniques of photography from cityscape to street
- Private workshop for personalised and quality coaching
SGD 190.00 per person
(Additional entrance fee of SGD 6 per person to be paid by participant at the counter on site. Please read important notes below)
Maximum 4 persons (recommended size if you have a group)
This walkabout starts in the morning at 9 am. First, we get to an elevated site for a picturesque bird’s eye view of Singapore. A great spot to photograph interesting angles, landscape and architecture of the city as well as Chinatown. We will go through your camera settings, giving you the first few tips on photography techniques for you to jumpstart this morning's photography journey.
Back to the street level, we will venture through the back lane of Chinatown seeing locals going about with their every day life. We get to photograph rows of colourful post war buildings built between 1800s and 1900s. These shophouses are Singapore's heritage. Walking on its five foot way, which is a pedestrian walkway, gives you a closer look at the distinctive decorative features and finishes.
We continue our street photography towards the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. There will be quite a hustle and bustle going around the area. Right next to the temple is the busy Chinatown wet market which we will capture some images of vendors in their morning rush. At the corner, senior citizens can be seen congregating for a match of Chinese chess. From here, we will wander into the colourful and bustling street of Chinatown. Photography will be endless until we end at around lunch time in the heart of Chinatown.
Starts / Ends:
09:00 hours to 13:00 hours.
Meeting Point & Time:
Outram train station at 09:00 hours (Meeting point will be reconfirmed again nearer to the date)
Any day. Confirmation is subject to availability.
Note: These photos were taken during some of our photography sessions. Sceneries may differ on each actual day shoot due to changes in lightings and other factors.
Things to bring and wear for the walkabout:
1. Your camera (DSLR, mirrorless or any digital camera)
2. Wide angle lens. If you have any other lens that you want to try it out, please feel free to bring them.
4. Remote trigger
5. Few fully charged battery
6. Memory cards
8. Drinking water
9. Comfortable clothing. We will be visiting temples. Please wear knee length Bermuda or skirt and covered tops.
10. Comfortable walking shoes or sandal
1. This is a private workshop with minimum one participant to go. If you have a group, it is best to keep the group size to FOUR persons to ensure quality coaching is extended to every participant.
2. Price includes professional photographer guide and tutorial. Price excludes transportation to/from attractions, food and drink. There is no hotel pickup and drop-off. There is an entrance fee of SGD6.00 per person for this walkabout. The entrance fee is to be paid directly by the participant to the counter on site.
3. Please book at least 7 days in advance. Confirmation will be subject to availability, and will be emailed to you.
4. To book a spot, please use the following contact form. State your name, contact, number of participant and your preferred date for the workshop.
5. Full payment is required to confirm your participation.
6. Mode of payment - credit card via Pay Pal or bank transfer.
7. Payment is non-refundable. Postponement to another workshop date is possible provided Caroline is available on the requested date.
8. We reserve the right to change the dates, route or venue of the workshop should there be any unforeseen circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. Such circumstances can be due to heavy rain which makes outdoor shoot impossible.
In the Media
Caroline Pang Photography is one of the TENS mentioned in 10 Places to sign up for photography workshops in Singapore by Marie France Asia.
Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor >>>
Check out other workshops >>>