Learn techniques of travel & street photography as you wander through one of Singapore’s vibrant ethnic neighbourhoods, Chinatown.
• • •
- Learn techniques of capturing the hustle and bustle of Chinatown, from streets to architecture
- Private workshop for personalised and quality coaching
SGD 220.00 per person
(Additional entrance fee of SGD 6 per person to be paid by participant at the counter on site. Please read Booking Terms below.)
If you have a group, it is recommended to keep the group size to 4 persons to ensure quality coaching is extended to every participant.
This day time workshop is conducted at various locations within Chinatown, to give you the experience to apply tips and techniques of travel and street photography in different scenarios and lightings.
You will begin your orientation at an elevated site for a picturesque bird’s eye view of Singapore. We will go through your camera settings, giving you the first few tips on photography techniques for you to jumpstart this morning's photography journey. Here you will learn to identify interesting angles and perspective for landscape and architectural photography of the city.
Back to the street level, you will venture through the back lane of Chinatown, which you will learn different camera settings to capture people and their activities and colourful post war buildings built in the early 1900s. These shophouses are Singapore's heritage. Walking on its five foot way, which is a pedestrian walkway, allows you to photograph its distinctive decorative features and finishes.
Continue your street photography towards the central part of Chinatown, learning to capture the hustle and bustle of the area, showing the scene of place. Right next to the temple is the busy wet market. There are chances that you might capture some images of the morning rush. At the corner, senior citizens can be seen congregating for a match of Chinese chess. From here, you will wander into the colourful and bustling street of Chinatown. Photography will be endless until the workshop ends at around lunch time in the heart of Chinatown.
Photos from recent workshops
Note: Sceneries may differ on the actual day of shoot due to changes in lightings, show time & etc.
What Do You Need For This Workshop?
1. Your camera (DSLR, mirrorless or any digital camera)
2. Wide angle lens with hood. If you have any other lens that you want to try it out, please feel free to bring them.
4. Remote trigger
5. Few fully charged battery
6. Memory cards
8. Drinking water
9. Comfortable clothing. We will be visiting temples. Please wear either knee length Bermuda, long pants or skirt and covered tops.
10. Comfortable walking shoes or sandal
Before You Book
Check out reviews on Trip Advisor >>>
In the Media
Caroline Pang Photography is one of the TENS mentioned in 10 Places to sign up for photography workshops in Singapore by Marie France Asia.
The Photography Coach
Who is she >>>
Is This A Tour?
This is a photography workshop to learn photography and NOT a guided city tour or historical tour. If you want a detailed and informative guided tour of Singapore, please book with a tour operator or a tourist guide.
1. This is a private workshop with a minimum of one participant to go.
2. If you have a group, it is recommended to keep the group size to 4 persons to ensure quality coaching is extended to every participant.
3. Price includes professional photographer guide and tutorial. Price excludes transportation to/from attractions, food and drink. There is no hotel pickup and drop-off. There is no entrance fees to be incurred for this workshop. If there is any, it will be on participant's own expenses.
4. Please book at least 3 weeks in advance.
5. To book a spot, EMAIL your name, contact, number of participant and your preferred date for the workshop.
6. Confirmation is subject to availability and will be emailed to you within the next 24 hours.
7. Once the date requested is available, full payment is required to secure your spot.
8. An invoice will be emailed to you with the confirmation of availability.
9. Mode of payment is by Pay Now (for participant residing in Singapore) and credit card via Pay Pal for international participants.
10. Failure to make payment by due date will result in an automatic cancellation of your spot.
11. Payment is non-refundable.
12. Postponement to another workshop date is possible provided Caroline is available on the requested date.
13. We reserve the right to change the dates, route or venue of the workshop should there be any unforeseen circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. Such circumstances can be due to heavy rain which makes outdoor shoot impossible. Your safety is also our priority.