Learn night photography at Kampong Glam, an ethnic Malay neighbourhood to the futuristic Marina Bay area.
- Learn tips and techniques on street photography, low light, long exposure and night photography
- Hands-on experience to photograph artistic streets, historical to modern architecture in different lighting, from twilight hour to night
- Private workshop with personalised and quality coaching
SGD 220.00 per person
(Train fare of SGD 1.60 per person to be purchased by participant at the ticket counter. Please read Booking Terms below)
If you have a group, it is recommended to keep the group size to 4 persons to ensure quality coaching is extended to every participant.
In this workshop, you will learn to photograph an interesting mix of modern and historical architectural features in the vicinity of Kampong Glam.
We will stroll down a colourful lane adorned with a series of wall arts. Here you will get to practice street photography techniques to capture the hustle and bustle of the area.
As the sun starts to set, we venture through the street to try different camera settings and perspectives to create compelling images with the changing light conditions.
The after dark photo shoot continues with long exposure techniques to shoot light trails, composing it against a landscape of old and modern architecture from an elevated vantage point.
From here, we will make our way towards the Marina Bay to photograph spectacular views and vivid details as it transform at nightfall into a vibrant and colourful city.
You will be given various challenges to apply the low light and long exposure techniques to enable you to capture creative effects and unique angles of various landmarks. That includes the Singapore Flyer, Marina Bay Sands and the Helix Bridge.
This workshop ends at the Marina Bay area.
Starts / Ends:
5:30 pm to 9:30 pm (4 hours)
Meeting Point & Time:
Bugis train station at 5:15 pm (Meeting point will be reconfirmed again nearer to the date)
Any day. Confirmation is subject to availability.
Photos from recent workshops
Note: Sceneries may differ on the actual day of shoot due to changes in lightings, show time & etc.
What Do You Need For This Workshop?
1. Your camera (DSLR, mirrorless or any digital camera)
2. Wide angle lens with hood. If you have any other lens that you want to try it out, please feel free to bring them.
4. Remote trigger
5. Few fully charged battery
6. Memory cards
7. Insect Repellant
8. Drinking water
9. Comfortable clothing
10. Comfortable walking shoes or sandal
Before You Book
Check out reviews on Trip Advisor >>>
In the Media
Caroline Pang Photography is one of the TENS mentioned in 10 Places to sign up for photography workshops in Singapore by Marie France Asia.
The Photography Coach
Who is she >>>
Is This A Tour?
This is a photography workshop to learn photography so you can take stunning photos of your travels and in the night. This is NOT a guided city tour or historical tour. If you want a detailed and informative guided tour of Singapore, please book with a tour operator or a tourist guide.
1. This is a private workshop with a minimum of one participant to go.
2. If you have a group, it is recommended to keep the group size to 4 persons to ensure quality coaching is extended to every participant.
3. Price includes professional photographer guide and tutorial. Price excludes transportation to/from attractions, food and drink. There is no hotel pickup and drop-off. There is no entrance fees to be incurred for this workshop. If there is any, it will be on participant's own expenses.
4. Please book at least 3 weeks in advance.
5. To book a spot, you may either use the following contact form or email. Provide your name, contact, number of participant and your preferred date for the workshop.
6. Confirmation will be subject to availability and will be emailed to you.
7. Once the date requested is available, full payment is required to secure your spot.
8. An invoice will be emailed to you with the confirmation of availability.
9. Mode of payment is by credit card via Pay Pal.
10. Failure to make payment by due date will result in an automatic cancellation of your spot.
11. Payment is non-refundable.
12. Postponement to another workshop date is possible provided Caroline is available on the requested date.
13. We reserve the right to change the dates, route or venue of the workshop should there be any unforeseen circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. Such circumstances can be due to heavy rain which makes outdoor shoot impossible. Your safety is also our priority.